Tuesday, November 13, 2007

yoga

I remember when I was in youth group in about junior high and my youth pastor showed us a video on why yoga is demonic. Today, as I did my beginner's dvd, I thought about that. I guess a determined teacher could kind of bring a class into a trance and plant things in everyone's mind. But I think it's just become a lot more mainstream than that these days. My dvd is a little hokey sometimes, talking about how doing yoga will affect everything including the planet, but the stretching and the breathing and the focusing exercises far outweigh the few instances of giggle-worthy narration.

I have a lot of things on my mind these days and all of them by themselves are fairly stress worthy so combined it is getting a little ridiculous. Taking the time to do something calming and quiet but still active helped me to calm my thoughts tremendously. Nothing is resolved and I have a list of things to do tomorrow in addition to my normal class and work routine, but I feel a little better.

Now, because I was belching like a mofo while doing yoga, I'm going to eat a little something and go to bed.

No comments: