Wednesday, June 27, 2007

wednesday wonders

My weekly list of fabulous things... :)

...I started a new job and it's going really well!
...I am doing pieces of my old job which means overtime with limited exhaustion! Certainly easier than having Starbucks as a second job.
...good talks with K.
...knowing I can have good talks with K, no matter what comes up.
...an excellent girl's night out with my mom which included a truly ridiculously excellent meal and a live musical. And martinis!
...www.faceyourpockets.com/index1.html
...my boyfriend insisting on taking me out to dinner last night and eating a stupid amount of chinese food together.
...I've lost 9 pounds in five weeks! Not too shabby for Melissa!
...there's this slideshow thing of Paris Hilton proving she poses with the same smile as much as possible that is kind of hilarious. As soon as I find it again, I'll post the link.
...Weight Watchers chocolate chip muffins. They're in the frozen food section and allegedly meant for breakfast, but let me tell you, they are a FANTASTIC dessert. Or snack. Or just general 4 point chocolate pick me up. Mmmm...
...realizing lately how much I like my life. Even when I have a rough day or realize there are things I definitely need to work on and change, overall, I genuinely like my life.
...if I forget that I really like my life, all I have to do is sit down and talk with this certain coworker because he always asks me how things are in such a way that I realize things are good.
...there was a whole Office marathon last week where they may have included previously deleted scenes! I freaking love that show.
...the good thing about the next season of Scrubs being the last one is they actually know before they start shooting and have the chance to properly end the series.
...my apartment is such a fantastic place to hang out.
...K brought me a bunch of cds to borrow because he really likes them and wanted me to have the chance to hear them. Stuff like that speaks to my heart and I'm being completely serious.
...my new job is in a spot where I have cell phone signal which means I can get calls and text messages. Hint, hint!
...more people from the past have found me on MySpace and it is fun to see where they are at these days.
...Splenda leaves awesome voicemails.
..100% cranberry juice.
...my martini shaker, especially when it's got peach schnapps, amaretto, cranberry juice, orange juice, grenadine, and some ice in it.
...being silly and laughing a lot as a result of said silliness.
...phones with caller id.
...enoguh will power to stay on top of making good choices, like taking the stairs and whatnot.
...getting a new work badge.
...going home after a long day at work, knowing that the drive will include good music and the final destination has a fabulous bed ready for collapsing into so should I choose.

No comments: