Monday, January 5, 2009

movie review monday: seven pounds

I am going to make a much bigger effort to blog on a more regular basis because it has been brought to my attention that this is how people keep up to date on my life. For now, I'll start with the revival of Movie Review Monday!

Seven Pounds is rated PG-13 and currently in movie theaters. It stars Will Smith and Rosario Dawson and is truly fantastic. Make plans to see this as soon as possible!

The less you know before seeing it, the better. Basically though, it is difficult to tell whether Ben Thomas (Will Smith's character) has good or bad motives for treating the people he seeks out interactions with. The plot pieces all fit together in about the last half hour and the emotional roller coaster doesn't end until you finally fall sleep later that night. Even though the rating is PG-13, I wouldn't recommend this film for children or even young teens. There are heavy themes of death, regret, judgment, and sacrificial love. See it with someone you can talk about the whole movie with later. Or just call me!

This is my favorite time of the year to see movies, and my first winter selection did not disappoint!

Rating: 4 of 5 stars. Could possibly be bumped up to 5 if I see it again.

No comments: