Thursday, January 15, 2009

sleep...

So I used to get up sometime between 11:30 am (on a good day) and 1:30 pm (more like a typical day). Now, on Mondays and Wednesdays I have to get up at 5:00 am. Or later, provided I've taken a shower the night before so I can avoid being funky all day but I have to leave at 5:45 am to beat traffic and find a parking spot with ease at my school. All of this means my bed time, at least on Sundays and Tuesdays, really needs to be as close to 10 pm as possible.

How do you train yourself to go to sleep like five hours earlier than you used to? And how do you stay asleep when your boyfriend likes to take the term "night owl" to extremes? Also, say it just doesn't work out and you end up getting an hour or two of sleep before having to get up and go to school. When you come home, exhausted, do you force yourself to stay up and go to bed early-ish or do you let yourself take a nap?

These are all serious questions so if you have advice or a web site or whatever, help me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take a nap!!! I woke up early and when I got home I took like 2 hour naps before work (I did this all through college).