Sunday, December 28, 2008

my every year end of the year recap survey

what did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
-- Had a boy as a roommate. Gave two weeks notice with absolutely no regret or feeling of guilt. Hosted a Mary Kay party.

did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
-- I didn't make any. I will for this year but I will write a post about that later.

anyone close to you give birth?
-- My cousin had a baby! I know of three births that will happen in 2009 so far too.

did anyone close to you die?
-- Nope.

what countries did you visit?
-- None.

what would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
-- More days that I care about what I look like than not.

what date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
-- No really specific dates. Just some events here and there that were either fun or thought-provoking.

what was your biggest achievement of the year?
-- Realizing that I have found irrational and inconvienent love and that it will only grow from here on out.

what was your biggest failure?
-- My efforts at taking care of my health and fitness. The better way to put it is my complete lack of effort at doing so.

did you suffer illness or injury?
-- I have realized that about the middle of November to the middle of January mean one giant sinus headache at the very least. I am allergic to something in San Antonio air that knocks me down hard and then keeps kicking me in the shin for six weeks after the initial blow. It's awesome. If by awesome you mean suck-tastic.

what was the best thing you bought?
-- I like my new apartment. I got a new bed as a gift and that has been pretty lovely.

whose behavior merited celebration?
-- My sister is pregnant! My cousin had a baby! Kate moved back to San Antonio!

whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
-- Whoever it was at work that decided to push me out of my job. I don't know who or why and quite honestly neither fact would make me feel better. I am just glad I have one more real shift to work there and then I'm done.

where did most of your money go?
-- Rent, bills, the usual boring things that suck it all up.

what did you get really, really, really excited about?
-- Registering for classes.

what song will always remind you of 2008?
-- Big Blue Sea by Bob Schnieder. That's me and K's song, officially.

compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder? -- happier
ii. thinner or fatter? -- about the same i guess
iii. richer or poorer? -- about the same

what do you wish you'd done more of?
-- Taken time to just sit and breathe.

what do you wish you'd done less of?
--Procrastination

how will you be spending Christmas?
-- Christmas Eve, Kiris and I went to my parent's house and spent the evening with them and my sister and her family. Christmas Day we went to K's mom's house. Both times were definitely good times.

did you fall in love in 2008?
-- Just more in love with K.

how many one-night stands?
-- None. Not my style, plus I'm very happily attached.

what was your favorite TV program?
-- Life. The Office. Grey's Anatomy. CSI: Miami on A&E and Criminal Minds on A&E.

do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
-- Nope

what was the best book you read?
-- Eat Pray Love

what was your greatest musical discovery?
-- Bob Schneider

what did you want and get?
-- A swift kick in the ass to get me back into school in a full-time capacity.

what was your favorite film of this year?
-- The Dark Knight

what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-- I slept in... K took me out for Japanese food at my favorite restaurant. I met a bunch of friends at a bar. I turned 28 and it was a good time.

what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
--More confidence in my decisions.

how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
-- Ugh. None.

what kept you sane?
-- Getting to come home to a loving boyfriend. Allergy medicine.

which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-- I have a crush on the character of Charlie Crews from Life.

what political issue stirred you the most?
-- The presidential election and the subsequent cabinet choices. I am seriously stoked for the U.S.! Maybe we'll have respect from the world again...

who did you miss?
-- I don't know. I kind of missed myself. Towards the end of the year especially, I've kind of felt like a shell of myself.

who was the best new person you met?
-- Heather. And I don't remember exactly when I met Kristen but we definitely firmed up our relationship this year.

tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
-- Everything happens for a reason, even if it takes you a year to realize how the events lined up just right for something cool to happen.

quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
-- And its days like this that burn me
Turn me inside out and learn me
Not to tell you anything I think I know
Well I think I'll tell you all that I know
I don't want to be alone I want to be a stone
I wanna sink to the bottom of the ocean
And lie there laugh there with you laugh
Yhere with you til I'm gone

At the bottom of the big blue sea
Just you and me At the bottom of the big blue sea

No comments: