Saturday, May 26, 2007

saturday bonus, kind of. it's a lot of rambling

Well, I am feeling better but still basically crappy. I'm tired of not feeling good, but I am proud to say I haven't just holed up. It's probably part of the reason why I'm still struggling to feel okay. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday so hopefully the doctor will be able to give me some drugs to make my head not hate me anymore. I feel like I had botox or something because there's so much pressure in my forehead it doesn't seem like I can move it. I'm not as 100% sure it's allergies anymore though because K is a little bit sick now. Oh well, we'll start finding out with more certainty on Wednesday!

I had a job interview on Friday morning that seemed to go really well. It's to be a secretary in a different unit of the hospital and it's the opposite schedule of what I have now, so I'd be working into the night. The job seems pretty cool and a little more engaging than the one I have now, but I'm not entirely sure I want to flip my schedule. It'd be more money because there's a shift differential and there's at least a possibility of a raise because of moving to a different department, internal hire and all. I put in a bunch of interview requests to flip my schedule about a month or two ago and didn't really hear back on any of them. There's a lot of reasons, but they make me sound like an idiot so I'm going to skip that explanation. I talked to my boss and to HR and decided that I would simply stay put until September or October and then try again. That way I would be in the same position for at least a year which is more credible for both transferring and for my resume in general. In deciding this, I had a sense of calmness that I didn't really have before about going to work. It's been a rough ride in a few ways. Suddenly in the last two weeks, I've been able to roll my eyes at the bullshit instead of taking it all so personally and I got used to my schedule. Not working at Starbucks has helped a lot in getting enough sleep and having enough energy to come in and be pleasant. I haven't been super stoked to go to work every day, but it hasn't been such drudgery. So, the timing of this interview is bizarre. In any case, I'll know whether or not they even want to hire me by next Friday.

Today is my dad's 50th birthday. It's so weird because my parents do not seem old to me at all. I guess 50 is when you're supposed to start thinking of people as old, but it's not the case for me. I think maybe 70 is old. But when my dad turns 70, I guess I'll have to re-evaluate that assesment too.

And finally, yesterday I re-registered at Weight Watchers. My jeans are getting tight again and I'm tired of seeing pictures of me where I look happy and I know the day was a good one, but still wincing at my overall appearance. I know Weight Watchers works because it helps you just make better choices in general without having to eat certain foods or never getting to have dessert or snacks again. Also, both my parents lost a phenomenal amount of weight and have basically kept it off for a year or two. As soon as I can figure out how to do it ultra-cheap, I want a gym membership too. Something that I am really pleased about is the great recipes I've found online for meals that sound good enough to cook and enjoy with K. He tends to believe the only good vegetables are the ones found on pizza and the smaller cheeseburgers are better because you can taste more grease. We'll see how it all goes! I'm not going to post how much I weigh right now (if I ever do) because I'm embarassed. But I will keep track of how much I lose/gain each week. And as I find amazing recipes and whatnot, I'll be sure to post them too.

That's all! I'm going to go take a nap and do some dishes. I haven't done any dishes this week because I don't feel good, but as I no longer have clean glasses to use, I think it's time to suck it up and just wash away. :)

No comments: