Wednesday, April 18, 2007

just thinking

Yesterday I tried to write a blog about the Virginia Tech shootings and stuff it made me think about, but I couldn't get the words out right. So all I want to say is that I'm basically currently avoiding news coverage. I want to read people's blogs and just get their personal experiences and whatnot, but I was quickly deterred by the fact every other comment posted on the one blog I did see was a request from some sort of reporter for an interview. We live in a weird age of communication, where we can instantly know what's going on, but nothing is left sacred by the same exact mechanism. I don't know how I feel about this exactly.

Last night while I was at Starbucks, I heard a gunshot. It made my heart stand still for a second. Of course that sound in a city-ish area is going to make you pause, but even more so after the massacre that happened in what everyone basically designated as a safe area. It turns out they were shooting flares into the trees and whatnot across the street because of all the retarded grackles. It's times like these when I wonder if anyone else around me thinks the way I do and wonders if anyone considered the timing of such an undertaking.

No comments: