Thursday, April 12, 2007

i don't know how to tell the difference between a cold and allergies

I took some time off from work this week to nurse a cold and have been a little behind in everything. Including this blog, obviously. So I'll see what I can do to catch up on things.

I have a sinus headache that kind of dulls down but doesn't actually go away and this amazing amount of snot in my head. How do you know when it's allergies and do you treat things differently? Do allergies make you feel like crap like a cold does? The thing about the two jobs and the boyfriend means I'm kind of just so tired all of the time that I can't tell the difference between being tired from my schedule and being tired because I'm getting sick. Then when you add various sources of stresses into the mix, I'm basically at a loss. I have distinct plans on alleviating this madness in about three weeks. Until then though, I think I might just be saying no a lot more.

No to staying up past 10:30 pm, no to hanging out in the spare hour minutes I have inbetween things, no to not cooking nutritionally valuable foods, no to picking up shifts at the coffee shop, etc. I'm not angry or anything, I'm really not. I'm just weary of feeling like crap and I think it's okay to just put myself first for a little while. I really suck at that in the long term. It usually happens in spurts of fiestiness or as a last resort when I cannot figure out why I'm so under the weather. So, here we are.

No comments: