Saturday, September 15, 2012

the one where i share some cool stuff i came across this week


Here are some different things I came across on the Internet this week. Let me know what you think!

Intricately Carved Crayons, courtesy of 22 Words
I think S would be horrified to see these. But they are gorgeous! And definitely not made by a mom of a toddler. 

The Other Side of Joe Biden 
I didn't write anything about 9/11 this year, on purpose. I don't have anything beautiful or articulate to say to add to the universe. My heart cracked that day and there's still a scar. But I wanted to share this article and Joe Biden's speech because I thought it was really lovely.

How Bloggers' Kids Get Their Revenge 
This made me laugh so hard because it feels like it is something I wrote in the future. The whole thing. K and I have wedding pictures on the steps of the courthouse downtown and I've already talked about wanting to take family pictures in the same area because how great would that be?! And I have one boy and another on the way and we joke that should everything go smoothly with the rest of this pregnancy and then labor and delivery and we try for one more kid just in case there's a daughter out there for us, it will likely be a boy. So the picture? I love it. I would totally take it and not realize what was happening until much later too!

When It Feels Like God Is Hiding by Jon Acuff
K and I have been talking a lot about prayer lately. How to do it, why to do it, what does it mean exactly, that kind of thing. I think I have a better understanding now than I have in the past because every night I pray with S and I make sure to thank God for a lot of little things. One because I need to but two because I made the decision I want S to grow up hearing me be thankful for things that he or others around us take for granted. So in my lofty thought, I changed my own heart because it's not just going through the motions, it's really me being thankful for a grocery store that is nearby and that S gets to have his own cool room and for hugs and kisses from both my guys. This was my act of slowing down, and God doesn't seem so far away anymore. I liked this post because it's a reminder to slow down at other points besides in the evening when I'm getting S to bed.

Fall TV Preview 2012 from Television Without Pity
Love this web site, love that they do previews for each tv premier season. I watch too much tv.

No comments: