Wednesday, September 5, 2012

the one where i make another list of happy things!

Here is a list of things making me happy this past week...

...the RNC and the DNC. I haven't caught as much as I would like to, but politics are ridiculously fascinating to me and there's little I like more than a good speech. So, basically, I'm in heaven.
...talking to my boss about who we would have dinner with if we could pick anyone in the world. Mine are super nerdy and a little boring and her's are all guys that could be considered very handsome.
...girl's night out! The fabulous Stephanie G arranged it because my birthday was a perfect excuse to get me out of the house with just girls for a few hours. It was seriously fantastic. I laughed ridiculously hard and ate good food and enjoyed one of the first pumpkin spice lattes of the season. It was sorely needed and I felt super spoiled because I was just stoked about the GNO and then my dinner was paid for and I got presents. And another bonus was I got to introduce a friend to some other friends and they all got along fabulously! Apparently this needs its own blog post!
...the fans we have, courtesy of my parents. I don't even want to think about what our electricity bill would be right now without the fans in our room and living room helping to cool down and circulate air considerably!
...gift cards to Barnes and Noble! I have a ridiculous amount of money total between a few gifts and I am so happy to have money designated for absolutely nothing practical. I HAVE to be frivolous and get books! I'm very excited to have choices of books for my Nook, especially for when this little baby is born and I'm up all hours feeding him!
...using my crockpot.
...starting to stock my large-ish freezer with meals for the future!
...both my guys got hair cuts and currently look extra handsome.
...we got new family pictures taken!
...my son's expression in said family pictures. He took rockin' pictures at 6 months old and at 1 year old. But 2 has not been the year of good pictures and not for lack of talented photographers!
...making plans for December for when my sister and her husband and their four kids come out to visit again!
...hoping my grandmother will also be coming out in December!
...I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week and I have a feeling we'll be able to get a better look at this little guy's face. We saw S's adorable chubby cheeks on ultrasounds and I'm hoping for another set of velvet cheeks to kiss a ridiculous amount on this little guy!
...today while driving to my baby-sitting gig, S was in the backseat singing a song he made up. The words were: "Mommy has a penis!" I don't really know how to get him to believe me that I don't, right now at least. But it makes me giggle.
...I think my hair is growing, which is great, because I want it nice and long again as soon as possible.
...larabars

No comments: