Sunday, January 27, 2008

just thinking about january almost being over

I didn't make a specific list of new year's resolutions at the beginning of the year because I made a list of goals for the year on my birthday that I basically haven't even touched. I decided to be a little more general and just say I need to take better care of myself.

As I've gone through this month (or as it's basically flown by at a rather scary and rapid rate) I've decided to work on some specific stuff in February.

-I need to spend less money on food at work and also eat more healthy items. This can be accomplished fairly easily. I think what I need to do is go to the grocery store every couple of days. A few times lately I have gotten all inspired and bought ingredients for recipes and then never acutally made the dishes and thrown everything away and just eaten at McDonald's while at work. I still have some frozen dinners right now so tonight I went to the store and got some snack kind of things to have at work. I'm off to a good start!
-I need to work on better stress management. I think something that might work is to go to the gym after work. Doing 30-45 minutes of cardio and then lifting some light weights at least three times a week is going to be my initial goal. Then I'll shower when I get home and this might help me to not get sick so often. The working out AND the showering at night and washing off all the work germs might be double duty for that aspect.
-I need to keep my apartment cleaner and homier. I don't really know what happened here. But as I've been thinking about what I want to look for in a new (cheaper) apartment, I've realized the biggest thing I want is a place that I feel comfortable inviting people over at whim. The only thing keeping me from doing that now is the fact that I am just lazy about cleaning these days. There's no reason to leave dishes in the sink for a few days or wash clothes and leave all the clean clothes in laundry baskets for a week. I'm busy, but not THAT busy. And if I find that my apartment is clean and comfortable and homey and I still don't have anyone over but K, well, that can be another goal. :)

So that's where I'm at. How are you doing on your goals and whatnot?

No comments: