Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007

what did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
-- Stayed at a bed and breakfast. Made about a gazillion doctor appointments. Went to see a cardiologist. Had two Thanksgivings on the same day.

did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
--I didn't really make any new years ones but I made birthday ones and really haven't done much of any of them. I should really get crackin on those, it's been almost six months! The thing I want to focus on the most is taking better care of myself. I need to drop some pounds and sleep more and write more. I also want to shape up things on the financial front as well.

anyone close to you give birth?
-- Nope. Next year though they sure will! So far I know of two pregnancies.

did anyone close to you die?
-- Nope.

what countries did you visit?
-- None.

what would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
-- A clean apartment that lends itself to visitors on a moment's notice.

what date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
--No real specific date last year will remain etched upon my memory. Just a lot of events with nonspecific dates.

what was your biggest achievement of the year?
--Starting a job I genuinely enjoy (for the most part). Also, going back to school.

what was your biggest failure?
-- Walking out on a job. I have never done that before. But it was my second job and I had given notice already and left a shift and didn't go to the one the next day about a week before my official notice. I just couldn't take it anymore. Those of you who work two jobs or work 60 hours a week have my utmost respect. I could only handle it for five months and I don't think I even really handled it all that well.

did you suffer illness or injury?
-- I have high blood pressure and that has been a little bit crazy. I also had a sinus infection, ear infection, and chest congestion all at the same time. I have never in my life gone to the doctor because I was sick and gotten shots right then and there to help combat the issue.

what was the best thing you bought?
-- I got this new mattress pad and it is really lovely. I arranged for Kiris to have a cell phone and that was a pretty sound accomplishment.

whose behavior merited celebration?
-- K got promoted!

whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
-- There is a person who continues to confound me. I get frustrated, sad, and angry because of them and need to figure out how to just not care but I'm not there yet.

where did most of your money go?
-- Rent, bills, the usual boring things that suck it all up.

what did you get really, really, really excited about?
-- Going to Fredricksburg with K in July.

what song will always remind you of 2006?
-- Rehab by Amy Winehouse and Both Hands by Ani DiFranco

compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder? -- happier
ii. thinner or fatter? -- about the same i guess
iii. richer or poorer? -- about the same

what do you wish you'd done more of?
-- Taken time to just sit and breathe.

what do you wish you'd done less of?
--Procrastination

how will you be spending Christmas?
-- Christmas Eve, Kiris and I went to my parent's house and spent the evening with them and my sister and her family. Christmas Day we went to K's sister's house. Both times were definitely good times.

did you fall in love in 2007?
-- No, but I fell more in love with the same person.

how many one-night stands?
-- None. Not my style, plus I'm very happily attached.

what was your favorite TV program?
-- The Office. Life. Gene Simmons Family Jewels.

do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
-- Nope

what was the best book you read?
-- The last Harry Potter book was pretty great.

what was your greatest musical discovery?
-- The Fray

what did you want and get?
-- A job that doesn't make me cry.

what was your favorite film of this year?
-- The Namesake, Juno,

what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-- First I had some Coldstone, then I had my first day of class. Later K took me out for Indian food and when we came back to my place, we drank a bottle of Asti Spumante (my favorite). It was really lovely! I turned 27.

what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
--More confidence in my decisions.

how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
--I wore a lot of scrubs.

what kept you sane?
-- Sleeping. Letting my boyfriend take care of me. I finally figured out how to open myself up to him and let him take care of me the way he's wanted to this whole time.

which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-- Oh, I don't know. I'm not big on celebrity crushes.

what political issue stirred you the most?
-- I've been following the presedential race. I'm still interested in environmental issues. And it's been interesting to watch to see how the big fence being built at the border of Mexico and Texas is going. That's a tricky one there, that is.

who did you miss?
--Kristi.

who was the best new person you met?
-- Kate as far as females go and Kiris as far as males go.

tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
-- Just go to the doctor. If you're concerned about anything, if you haven't been in awhile, just go. Preventive medicine is much better than trying to fix things later.

quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
-- Oh I'll stay with you through the ups and the downs
Oh I'll stay with you when no one else is around
And when the dark clouds arrive
I will stay by your side
I know we'll be alright
I will stay with you --Stay With You by John Legend.

No comments: