Sunday, July 1, 2007

Weight Watchers: Week 6 (sorry it's late!)

Week 6's weigh in brought me another star sticker because I have now lost a total of 10 pounds! That's a respectable amount of weight to lose! I notice it, but am still at the point where I don't expect anyone else to. My jeans fit better and I still see it the most in my face and my wrists. Ten pounds. That's a bag of potatoes from the grocery store or two bullets of espresso at Starbucks. It's how much I weighed when I was born, but most babies aren't really that big. I'm pretty proud of myself.

This week was actually kind of a lousy one as far as being on program too, but I still lost a pound so that is fantastic. That tells me I have made permanent changes that are in effect even though lousy weeks where I'm not paying as much attention as I really should. I started a new job and kept the old one as a part time thing. I was also sick and that killed my appetite and gave me some quality time in the bathroom, both at work and at home. Ew, gross.

The new job will present some new challenges. It is sometimes overwhelming for me to be in new situations because I have to force myself to be much more extroverted than I feel like being while also learning a new set of tasks and whatnot. The easiest thing to do is take a quick break and grab a soda or a snack to have some reason to be gone for ten minutes to regroup. Also, the nurses I work with have twelve hour shifts and are used to sneaking in meals and snacks wherever they can, which means for about a two hour period there is someone eating. It's fun to see what other people bring to work and they are all super nice and offer tastes of most everything.

I've been going in and training for eight hours, and then going downstairs to my old job for two or three hours before going home. It was a series of long days and again, the copout is to grab a snack. I don't think snacking is bad at all as long as you are aware of what you are eating and how much of it you've consumed. That is something I love about Weight Watchers. You can eat whatever you want and drink whatever you want, you just keep track of the points and adjust the rest of your day accordingly. I mostly drink diet Dr. Pepper these days when I want a soda, but sometimes nothing but a regular fully loaded Pepsi will do. It's no problem, as long as I jot it down.

At the meeting, I bought some Weight Watchers snack stuff to take with me to work to help me have things already in my bag that are better for me than walking to the vending machine. I also got some smoothie mixes to try for breakfast and some frozen fruit to blend into it. I want to be better about following the eight healthy guidelines every day, because the days I do leave me feeling much more satisfied than the days where I simply stay within the point guidelines.

So this week, I would like to lose two pounds. From my belly, but from anywhere is really fine. :)

-I will get back to walking up and down the stairs this week.
-I will continue with the water drinking.
-I will plan out snack foods and meals better this week than I did last week.
-I will try to include all 8 of the guidelines every day (water, mulitvitamin, fruits and vegetables, protien, whole grains, dairy, limit sweets and alcohol, and include healthy oil).

I'm really pleased with my progress and my results so far. It's slow going, but it's been steady. It took awhile to pack all the pounds on, and taking awhile to shed them only means they will stay away longer. Yay for Melissa!

No comments: