Friday, July 6, 2007

five things that annoy me kind of a lot

I try to be even keel as much as possible and may not ever tell someone something they are doing drives me crazy, but here's some irksome occurrences for general knowledge. Heh.

1. Listening to people eat. Please, chew with your mouth closed. When at the movies, there is no need to make one kernel of popcorn into four nibbles. Just put it in your mouth, close, chew, and enjoy. Gum smackers are in a special category because at least with food, you eventually swallow. It all makes me just tense up but I try really hard to not let it show because I realize it's one of those things that is kind of ridiculous.

2.When people who talk to themselves out loud consistantly through the day but then expect me to know that this time the question asked aloud was actually directed at me. You talk to yourself, whatever, I don't care. But if you have a question for me or a statement or whatever, feel free to go ahead and actually address me first so we both know I'm supposed to be paying attention.

3. When people make statements when they are really asking a question or they ask a question when they really are making a statement. Good heavens, just tell me what you need to say! Don't make a game out of it and if you do, don't get annoyed or call me a smartass when I respond to what you actually SAID, not what you MEANT. Also, if you have a question, please just ask. Don't hint around it hoping I will just give up whatever information you want. Sometimes I just don't know that's what you're doing. I'm going to be honest though, sometimes I know exactly what you're doing and I simply ignore it because I think it's kind of a childish thing to do.

4. Don't make up words for things and expect me to know what you're talking about. Don't say "Can you hand me a thingie?" and be annoyed when I have no idea what you are asking for. Please, use your words. My niece and my nephew can do it, I bet you can too.

5. Backseat drivers. I realize that you are watching the cars and whatnot when I'm making a left turn out of a driveway and that's your right, but when you are looking back and forth to see when there will be a clear spot as if you were the one driving, chances are your head is exactly in my way. Calm down. Next time, volunteer to drive. I'll totally take you up on it. In the meantime, please pretend like you trust me enough to drive my truck.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ron has the same one about hearing people eat~ so bad that we have to eat dinner with the TV on!!!

m3li558 said...

Haha, I remember! I'm not quite that bad. But sometimes my boyfriend drives me crazy because he will take bites while telling me a story. In that case though, it's not even the chewing that is the ultimate distraction, it's that he's interrupting himself.