Friday, October 5, 2012

the one where i write about 31 days, day #4

Okay, so day 4 was yesterday. And part of my getting my shtuff together was that I let other things be a priority over writing last night. I think that was a good decision.

My mom picked up S on her way home from work and took him home for a couple of hours. It was fairly glorious to have just a little bit of time to read and eat without chasing after anyone or sharing everything or being sat on in one way or another. I'm so grateful that my parents live nearby and love my family as much as they do. They don't shy from saying no if we ask them to watch S and they can't for whatever reason, but we are always free to ask.

I got a load of laundry going, I attempted to find a workbook I need for a Bible study locally and ended up just ordering it online, I downloaded a book to my Nook, I got some spicy Thai curry, I went to Target and got some potty training supplies, and I picked up my little guy.

I also discovered I'm old. When I was at Target, my total was $60.05 and I get the cashier $61. He hit the wrong button and was freaking out over not knowing how much change to give me. I said not to worry, I just needed .95. And he was super grateful I'm so good at math because he is not. I'm old because I shook my head to myself while thinking it just wasn't that hard to know how much change I needed.

I didn't cross anything off of my to-do list, but I also should have listed getting S potty trained by Nov (or at least do everything I can to make it happen by Nov) on there. I think I have everything I need now.

Day 4 of getting my sh*t together... Not too shabby. But the house is still a mess. :)

No comments: