Wednesday, October 17, 2012

the one where i make a new list of happy things!

I woke up awhile ago and can't go back to sleep, so I might as well write for a bit!

Here's a list of things that have been making happy over the past week or so...

...the way K makes sure to kiss me every time he sees me. I get the first kiss when he gets home, kisses goodnight, kisses good morning.
...cooking more stuff at home again.
...my part-time nanny job--I help with homework, cook (or finish up a crockpot meal) dinner, clean it up, and go home. I thought I was just done being able to earn some money until after the baby is born, so that's a huge relief. It's super helpful to the family while they search for a permanent nanny, S gets to play with some kids his own age, and I am adding to my recipe list!
...taking showers at night and waking up with crazy curly hair.
...drinking gobs and gobs of lemon sparkling water.
...my OB hugging me and telling me she can't believe how smoothly this pregnancy has gone and how happy she is for us to be having another kiddo.
...having my c-section officially scheduled.
...S now says "Thank you, Mommy" almost every time I give him something. I just want to cover that little face in kisses every time he says it too.
...my fantastic church.
...the tv show Parenthood. Every episode makes me at least tear up, if not full on cry. It's not just because I'm pregnant either. Definitely one of my all-time favorite shows.
...I got my flu shot. S got his flu shot. K is getting his flu shot and probably Tdap on Thurs. Yay for no flu and yay for Baby C-2 being a little extra protected!
...my little Scentsy warmer nightlight in my bathroom with a lovely citrusy scent chosen by my friend Tina who knows that I miss the orange blossoms of Riverside.
...having Democrats and Republicans on my Twitter feed who like to live tweet debates.
...this baby is big and strong and active enough to actually wake me up by moving around like a little crazy man.
...after I finally get S into bed, it is pretty funny to me that such a little guy has so very many stall tactics. Who taught him any of that?!
...SNL has been really funny lately, especially The Weekend Updates.
...there was a Max and Ruby episode where Max gave Ruby a taste of her own medicine. Finally.
...The @honesttoddler twitter feed. OMG so freaking funny! And also possibly coming from my son somehow.

No comments: