Monday, May 16, 2011

i don't want to wait for this life to be over

I have noticed when I talk more about Weight Watchers and fitness efforts, I tend to be more on top of things. I've been talking to K about things but I thought maybe if I posted some thoughts that could help to.

I lost 3.2 pounds this week so yay for that! I have like a hundred million pounds to go but it's going to come off in very small increments so I just need to plod steadily along until I get there. I've struggled the past couple of months especially, thinking that I don't have time to cook things or just not having any ideas. It's always been hard for me to leave a few bites on a plate, and I have no idea why because my parents only expected us to try everything on our plates and never made us clean them. And I started drinking Dr. Pepper like a fiend again. My back is super achy all the time and I think a lot of it is my weight and also the fact I haven't been as active.

Over the past couple of weeks, I have met a ton of moms through my church which is all kinds of awesome in a variety of ways. But one thing I've noticed is most of the ones I've met that are just overflowing with activity and energy and kids are basically fit. And that's the thing, I want to be one of the moms that has active kids and is going from here to there all the time and whatever and I can't do it if I don't have the energy to do it and right now I mostly don't. I do okay but I know if I weighed less, ate better, and was more physically fit, it would certainly be a lot easier!

So tonight I made picadillo. Except I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, I measured out two teaspoons of canola oil to put in with the onions, and let me tell you, it was delicious. Still used potatoes and tomatoes and all the seasonings (minced garlic, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, and a tiny dash of cinnamon) and it was super tasty and not nearly as greasy as when I've made it with beef. Definitely a keeper because even my husband who rolls his eyes when I mention using ground turkey thought it was good and not as heavy.

Small changes, here and there. That's what will get me to my goal weight!

No comments: