Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

My first Mother's Day was really last year, but this year, I feel like a REAL mom. I feel like I've battled my way through sleeplessness, poopy diapers, tears (his plus mine, honestly), making decisions about how to raise a child, and making sure to choose my husband and show him I love him. I have a little bit of experience under my belt. It's such a tiny drop in the bucket but I feel like a mom. Last year I was still trying to get my feet under me. S was about two months old and Mother's Day was the first day of rotten painful gas for him. I spent a lot of the day walking and bouncing him while he screamed right into my ear, trying to get him more comfortable and also assuage my guilt for somehow inflicting it on him.

Anyway though, K really spent some time finding me cards from him and S. Plus, flowers, a really sweet gift AND he let me sleep in this morning. We went to church and after the service let out, I stood at the Band of Mothers booth with my cute camo hat and helped answer questions and get ladies signed up for small groups. The response was a little bit overwhelming to me so I'm excited to talk to the leader of everything this week and see what her impression is. I suspect it was a bit overwhelming to her as well because she had ordered 50 books for the campus bookstore and they were sold out by the time I was there for the 11:30 service today. I'm incredibly excited to be a part of this and that there are so many moms interested in meeting other moms and learning how to find joy and fulfillment in being a mother and protecting and teaching and loving our kids!

Yesterday I had a leadership meeting at 6:15 am and it was amazing. This is really my niche. I have so much to learn but I can serve and be fed at the same time and I am thrilled to be a part of this group of amazing women. I know that I have a need for being around other moms and learning about what the Bible has to say about raising kids and I can't be the only one. I think this is going to be a crazy time but also awesome.

I'm an excited and happy mama!

No comments: