Thursday, December 31, 2009

end of the year survey doohickey

what did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
-- Started the process of having a baby. Got married.

did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
-- I didn't really make any. I have a few in mind for this upcoming year and will write about that later.

anyone close to you give birth?
-- My sister brought Little Miss Tori-licious into the world! My friend H had her beautiful daughter. I think that's it...

did anyone close to you die?
-- Nope.

what countries did you visit?
-- None.

what would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
-- A sense of sanity.

what date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
-- July 24th: I found out I was pregnant and Ki and I decided to get married. July 31st: We told our families we were getting married. Aug 24th: I met my OB and quite possibly favorite doctor ever. Sept 4th: First ultrasound. Sept 11th: All hell broke loose with family drama about my bridal shower and wedding. Sept 18th: Ki and I got married! Oct 22nd: Full anatomy ultrasound where I saw my baby's heart chambers, brain, and major organs all wiggling around.

what was your biggest achievement of the year?
-- Getting married because I was ridiculously in love and desperately wanted to spend the rest of my life with my husband.

what was your biggest failure?
-- Losing my job and my husband and I having to move in with my parents.

did you suffer illness or injury?
-- Not really.

what was the best thing you bought?
-- Wedding rings.

whose behavior merited celebration?
-- Me and Ki. We're having a baby and we got married!

whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
-- Mine. More depressed than appalled though.

where did most of your money go?
-- Rent, bills, the usual boring things that suck it all up.

what did you get really, really, really excited about?
-- Ultrasound appointments.

what song will always remind you of 2009?
-- 40 Dogs by Bob Schnieder

compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder? -- happier
ii. thinner or fatter? -- about the same i guess
iii. richer or poorer? -- poorer

what do you wish you'd done more of?
-- Taken time to just sit and breathe.

what do you wish you'd done less of?
--Procrastination

how will you be spending Christmas?
-- Christmas Eve, Kiris and I went to my parent's house and spent the evening with them and my sister and her family. Christmas Day we went to K's mom's house. Both times were definitely good times.

did you fall in love in 2009?
-- More in love with Ki and fell in love with our little baby.

how many one-night stands?
-- None. Not my style, plus I'm very happily attached.

what was your favorite TV program?
-- The Office. Top Chef. Criminal Minds.

do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
-- Nope

what was the best book you read?
-- Nothing really stands out.

what was your greatest musical discovery?
-- none

what did you want and get?
-- True love.

what was your favorite film of this year?
-- Didn't see many movies really.

what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-- I turned 29. We had Coldstone. It was very low key, what with the recent news of me being pregnant and the wedding coming up.

what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
--More confidence in my decisions.

how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
-- Ugh. None.

what kept you sane?
-- Getting to come home to a loving husband.

which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-- I barely paid attention this year.

what political issue stirred you the most?
-- Health care reform

who did you miss?
-- I don't know. I kind of missed myself. Towards the end of the year especially, I've kind of felt like a shell of myself.

who was the best new person you met?
-- Baby C

tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
-- Love can carry you through an awful lot.

quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
-- You take the high and I'll take the low,
We'll get there before you know.
We ain't got no time to waste,
We got too much life to taste.

We're like Romeo and Juliet,
And 40 dogs, cigarettes,
We're like good times that haven’t happened yet but will.
And I can tell you where we're gonna be
When the whole world falls to the sea:
We’ll be livin’ ever after, happily.

No comments: