Thursday, December 17, 2009

26 weeks 0 days

We are moving on Saturday and I had this amazing vision of having everything boxed up and moved out on Saturday. We actually have the apartment for another month but are moving to be able to shut off the cable bundle we have and save on utilities as well. And because I was going to lose my mind with the stress worrying about money was creating. We got a ton of boxes from my parents which was awesome and we had packing tape and I've been plodding along with getting everything off shelves and whatnot into boxes.

I busted ass yesterday packing and then had a tiny bit of a freak out because it seems like now there's just a mess of boxes in the living room but stuff everywhere anyway and I don't know if this is going to get done! Fast forward a bit later into the evening when we realized we were almost out of tape and it's actually probably not enough boxes. I was already hurting from all the bending and reaching and whatnot and I had to call it a night HOURS before I had intended to. Before yesterday I really hadn't had any problems bending over to pick stuff up or tie my shoes or whatever and I had still been able to maneuver my way through tight places. This is just not the case any more. My core muscles were on the verge of screaming last night. And Ki and I had a good laugh while I demonstrated what it looks like when I suck in my gut (spoiler alert, nothing changes with my belly even though you can clearly see me inhale deeply).

I have a strange sleep schedule these days. On a really good night, I can get 4-5 hours in a stretch. Then I wake up, usually hungry, and then I can lay down again for another couple of hours of sleep. On the not really good nights, I just don't fall back asleep or I sleep for 2 hours at a time all night. It evens out to enough sleep most days and I think it's really deep sleep because I never hear K coming to bed anymore, but it's still kind of aggravating. Last night I was in bed much earlier than normal and slept for four hours before waking up. After a couple of hours, I gave up on getting back to sleep and parked myself in the dark living room to watch tv and at least lay down on the couch for awhile. I had an ultrasound appointment to check on the baby's growth this morning. I moved the boxes around (feeling as though I was building a fort) and laid on the couch and got two more hours in before my alarm scared the crap out of me.

My appointment was great! Blood pressure is excellent and the baby is growing like gangbusters. S/he is 2 lbs 6 oz and in the 63rd percentile which means we're having a larger than average baby but not so much bigger than average that it is of concern. S/he was as wiggly as ever. I could watch the ultrasound screen for hours and be perfectly content. It's crazy to be able to feel all that movement now while I'm watching it. I saw the face and my baby already has adorable chubby cheeks! The ultrasound tech tried to get me a really good picture of the face and she couldn't do it because the baby kept blocking the face. I saw forearms and hands and fingers all right in front of the face.

I got a fetal movement tracking sheet and I was just kind of surprised. The first trimester and really the second up to this point have gone by kind of slowly and I didn't realize I was this far along already. Since the doctors speak in weeks and not months, that's how I think too. I was out with Ki on Monday night with a group of people I haven't seen in awhile and one of them asked how many months I was. I had to quickly calculate and then said "Five months" and even Ki was surprised. How does something fly by and take FOREVER at the same time?

I'm not sure where we are going to land with getting the apartment emptied out on Saturday but I am sure going to try to make it happen. If not we still have time, but all the big stuff is going for sure. There's really a lot about pregnancy that no one tells you. Like you may feel just fine but you're not going to be able to be as physical as you feel like you can handle. Sigh...

No comments: