Sunday, February 1, 2009

blah blah blah

I have a new job. For the time being at least. The reasons why I can't go into exact detail about it is are complicated so we'll just say that it's a strange combination of The Devil Wears Prada, The Nanny Diaries, and some sort of eccentric rental property management company. But it's not all bad or demeaning or anything like that. Just an endless source of entertainment since the daily tasks are never the same as the day before. I don't know how much I'm making yet, but at this point anything is good. I went a month with no income and that's enough to make it easy to take a job that has a high chance of turning into an awkward situation down the road.

The plan is to work for a month, as many hours as I can, and then go from there. I still have my resume up on monster and I will take any interviews offered my way. Then after the month is up I'll decide if I need to be pursuing another job hardcore or if I can just continue to work where I started this past week. I'm also vaguely hoping to save a bit of money here and there in order to start selling Mary Kay, but I need to talk to a few more people and see what their experiences have been because so far I have one negative one.

My official new weekly schedule has me up at 5 am on Mondays and Wednesdays and 6:30 am on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. I was ridiculously tired this past week because I am really thoroughly not used to getting up early in the morning and being active ALL DAY LONG. I figure by the end of this week though, I should be pretty used to it. I really like the idea of having my evenings back. In theory at least. I was pretty bad at staying awake past 9 pm last week. Heh.

1 comment:

tina said...

My director was wanting to do a phone thing with you that basically is the top 10 reasons to sell mary kay. After which, you can totally ask her any questions you have. I'm sorry. I meant to send you that info and totally forgot :( Once agai, I'm sorry. I suck.
Let me know if you'd want to do it. I can give her your phone number of email if you want and or vice versa and you can set something up.