Saturday, February 21, 2009

as the world turns

Okay, I have a job. I'm keeping it for the time being. I'm a personal assistant. That's the best way to put it because I do a very wide variety of things that you can categorize but it's pieces of each here and there throughout the day/week. We'll see how it all turns out... My main goal is to be able to pay all my bills and sock enough money away to pay for summer session classes just straight out of pocket. I have some other possibilities in the works too that I think may work out really well.

In other news, I now have plans for spring break. I am taking care of the babies while my sister and bro-in-law work that week. We have arranged it with my mom that my sis will bring the kids to her house and I will take care of them there. Just call me Super Auntie! And pray for me. I will be in charge of a five year old and a four year old. I don't know what I've gotten myself into... Actually I think it will be a lot of fun. If we bake cupcakes or something sugar filled, it will be on Friday after nap/rest time. I am going to try to plan some fun things like making a little obstacle course in the back yard to run around and doing things like having them help me make lunch (pbj or sprinkling the cheese on a tortilla for a quesadilla, that kind of thing). I'm going to cut sandwiches into fantastic shapes and bring some books to read to them and plan on definitely getting some exercise in running around with them and helping them ride bikes. If anyone has any ideas for ways to entertain kids while staying mostly at home or doing things that are very low cost, let me know!

My grandmother is in the hospital with an infection of an undetermined origin. She's hopped up on pain killers and antibiotics and feeling much better, but still has been admitted to the hospital. I am a little worried about her, but mostly I just want her to not be in pain and to have the life she wants to have. I have thought for quite awhile now that she is much sicker than she has really told anyone because she is much sicker than she is ready to admit to herself. Up until yesterday or the day before, she was still able to carry on her day to day business without any problem. I hope that the doctors are able to figure out what's going on so she can just go back to her normal schedule. It's so hard to say how healthy she really is. She has bounced back from quite a bit, but there is definitely something going on with at least her liver that just isn't right. Hopefully I'll be able to make a post soon that says she's just fine and has made plane reservations for sometime in July to come see my new niece.

My apartment is kind of a disaster area, so I need to get on that while I have the time and energy to actually do a good job. :)

No comments: