Thursday, October 25, 2007

my work schedule

I officially work from 2:45 pm to 11:15 pm, Monday through Friday. The hours vary a tiny bit here and there but the days don't. When the hours vary, it's because I've finagled my way into going in a little early. I'm all about all the overtime I can get these days. I'm trying to make sure I don't slide into a hole again. Christmas is still going to be lean but luckily no one excepts much from a college student living on her own, even if she is 27 and should be done with college already.

I like coming home late in the evening. It's nice and quiet and calm and the nights have started to get cooler temperature wise even. I like that most of my neighbors are either asleep or winding down and I like coming into my apartment and not turning the tv on for awhile. Somtimes I get sensory overload at work and it's really nice to drive for ten-ish minutes on mostly deserted streets to come home to a quiet apartment. I like that when K comes over, sometimes I can hear him driving up and know it's him.

It's just nice.

No comments: