Thursday, October 18, 2007

the weather

The other day was a perfect October day. It was cool but not cold and it was kind of misty outside too. I loved it. Today I believe it is about 94 degrees. Hopefully things cool down and turn into autumn soon.

Fall and Winter are my favorite seasons. I like it cool outside. I love wearing sweaters and sweatshirts, or even just long sleeves. You'd think I'd like hot weather more than I do on account of all that growing up in California, but I don't. Being sweaty makes me feel icky and no matter how much it happens I can't figure out how to avoid the icky feeling.

I like snuggling down into my bed at night and curling up into the blankets to go to sleep. I love the rain and don't ever get tired of it. Even during this past summer with the record breaking downpours in San Antonio, I loved it. I don't love that my truck freaks out a little when there's a lot of water, but I can survive that alright.

The first time I remember getting four seasons a year was when we moved to Japan. I remember I told my mom I thought spring and fall were dumb because we should just get to the real weather. The inbetweens are lame. As I've gotten older though, I've come to appreciate the inbetweens more.

I should probable move someplace with more distinct seasons. After all, I currently live further down south than I did in Southern California.

No comments: