Tuesday, October 16, 2007

my niece makes me laugh a lot

I spent some time with the babies this weekend.

My niece told me she wants to come over to my house to make cupcakes.

I asked her what kind she would like to make.

"Auntie, I want pink and purple ones."
"Hmm, I'm not sure if I know how to make purple ones, sweetie."
"It's easy! You mix them and color them and put them in the oven for fifteen minutes!" That's it! So I want to make pink ones and purple ones. It just takes fifteen minutes."

I have a few days to figure out how to make purple ones. It might take longer to figure out how a three year old knows it takes fifteen minutes in the oven to make cupcakes.

1 comment:

tina said...

You could try food coloring, but the last time I tried to make purple for frosting... it came out icky colored. You might want to try buying purple sugar crystals... the ones almost like sprinkles, and pour a lot into the batter. They should cook up/dissolve, but it will leave a purple color behind. Otherwise you can't go wrong with Pillsbury Confetti mix. It's bright and colorful on the inside. But if you go to Target right now, look in the halloween stuff.. they have a special halloween one... and they tend to have purple frosting in the cans to decorate.