Thursday, August 23, 2007

thinking on a thursday

Lately I've been taking stock of where my life is at and deciding what I like and what I don't. I realize the typical person does this in December to get ready to make New Year's resolutions, but I always feel like it's more of a fresh year in August because that's when my birthday is. I love my birthday. I don't anticipate that ever really changing. I don't expect EVERYONE to make a big deal out of it, but as long as I get to do something to mark the occassion, I'm a happy girl.

I've been trying to think of some small goals that I can meet relatively quickly, some medium goals that will instigate some life changes, and some long term goals that may take working on all year to accomplish. The point isn't so much to be able to cross every thing off my list but to try. In the past I've discovered that a goal that sounds great at the beginning isn't entirely feasible and other ideas may pop up as I go along.

I like who I am and how I look, for the most part. Both need improvements though and that's what I'm thinking about these days.

No comments: