Friday, December 29, 2006

all the sugar cookies are gone

Me and K made a gazillion sugar cookies over the weekend. I don't think he'd ever rolled out sugar cookies and used cutters and sprinkles. He got pretty creative towards the end, just before it started to stress him out too much and he had to take a break. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. He was doing stripes and whatnot with the sprinkles, but the dough had warmed to room temperature and the cutouts were a lot harder to move from the sprinkle staging area to the cookie sheets. Also, it was almost time to do the dishes and he's probably the one person I know who hates doing the dishes more than I do.

Anyway, we made little packages for his family and an extra one just in case. There were still a healthy amount left over after that and I took them home figuring I could take them to work to share with all my awesome work buddies. But I was sick all week, staying home feeling sorry for myself and not getting paid. What's the perfect medicine accompaniment? A sugar cookie or two. They taste like Christmas to me and I'm not even kidding.

K didn't come over earlier this week and I realized if this trend continued, he wasn't going to get to enjoy any of the cookies. I made him up a bag and took them to him at work the other day. It's a good thing I did, because I just ate the last two.

But, this story doesn't quite end here. Do you know how much fun my niece and I would have making cookies? We'll find out soon. :)

No comments: