Wednesday, June 16, 2010

don't stop thinkin about tomorrow

I have three personal goals I want to work on inbetween diaper changes and feedings. I think two of them require a daily effort and the third requires at least a weekly effort.

1. I want to lose 100 pounds by this time next year. This is not an impossible task and allows me to go at a healthy rate of 1-2 pounds a week. But it is not an easy task for me to lose weight. In the past, I have lost thirty or so pounds easily and then essentially given up and gained it all back. Since S was born, I've lost 53 pounds and haven't gained anything back. I have some weeks where I haven't lost anything but at least the scale is either holding steady or going down. In order to meet my goal, I need to exercise and keep an eye on what I eat. I think making a quick announcement on this blog or on Facebook each week will help keep me accountable. And if I hit a big plateau, I'm definitely going back to Weight Watchers. We are just trying to save as much money as possible so I'm trying to go as long as possible without paying for help in this particular endeavor.

2. I want to write at least 3 times a week in an effort to get back into the habit so I can start writing my book. If for nothing else, I would like to write a detailed account of my experience as a high risk mama and my hospital stay for S's birth. After I get going on it, really going, I'll research ways to see about getting it published. I think it'll be cathartic to write it all out and finish a big project I've just given myself and interesting to see about getting it published. It's been a goal for a very long time to have a book on the shelves of Barnes and Noble. If this book isn't it, at least I'll come away from the experience having a good idea how to make it happen at some point.

3. I want a solid Mary Kay business. I'm not sure about being a director just yet but I do think it can be a source of income for my family that allows me to mostly stay home with the baby. I placed an order tonight for catalogs and samples and I have an idea of who and how to send them out. If I put some weekly effort into this, for now at least, I think it could be a very good thing. If you're interested, you can check out my web site or email me anytime. I'm very non-pushy and I know a lot about the products because I genuinely like them.

That's all I've got for now!

No comments: