Sunday, October 19, 2008

spinach dip

Yesterday I hosted a Mary Kay party at my mom's house and I made spinach dip because I had a hankering for it. Everyone raved about it which made me feel a little sheepish because to me, spinach dip is such a whip it up last minute kind of thing that I felt a little bad getting accolades for it. So because I believe everyone should know the joy of an impressive yet amazingly easy dip, here's the recipe:

Spinach Dip

16 oz sour cream
1 cup mayo
1 4 oz can of water chestnuts drained and roughly chopped
10 oz package of frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
large loaf of crusty bread (sourdough or french bread are my faves)

Mix everything except for the bread together and chill for at least an hour. Then serve with chunks of the crusty bread. An especially impressive serving idea is to hollow out a round loaf of bread and put the dip in there. Cut the bread you hollow out into chunks and serve for dipping. Then be prepared for gushing compliments.

1 comment:

Swizzlestick said...

Is it weird that yesterday I went to an MK party too?!

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to start selling it too.