Sunday, April 20, 2008

10 things I thought about last week

1. I am getting burnt out at work and therefore need to take a couple of weeks that I only work 40 hours. I'm not quite sure when that will happen exactly, but I think Monday is a good day to sit down and talk to my boss about putting it on the calendar.

2. Apartment hunting is a huge pain in the ass. First of all, you have to find places to go look at. Then you need to figure out if it's worth your time to actually go to the complex and walk around and whatnot. Sometimes when you call, you find out the office people work on commission because you can't get them to give you a straight answer on whether or not the size apartment you want is available and they suggest coming in within the hour to make sure their "last one until July" is snatched up.

3. I think I have a place to move into now though. I'll know for sure in a couple of days and I'm not super worried but I sure would like it to be for reals so I can stop looking through the little books and at web sites and making phone calls. Also I need a good solid motivating factor to pack and go through my crap to make sure I really want to take it with me. Any input on living on the first floor vs the third floor is greatly appreciated!

4. There is no proper way to try to explain to your boyfriend why working 50 hours a week is so different than working 35 hours a week without sounding like a self-important or self-absorbed jerk.

5. My legs hurt like a mofo earlier this week and my back is killing me this weekend. I think ordering new work shoes online was the smart thing to do. Hopefully they make a marked difference quickly because I can't think of anything else to fix the problem. I would like to avoid taking various pain killer medicines every day if at all possible.

6. I feel as though I am perpetually grumpy.

7. Sometimes I feel like a jerk for not really wanting to do stuff with people from work on the weekends based mostly on the fact that I just want a freaking break from that place on the two days I don't get paid to care about what happens at the hospital. The work weeks have been rough for the last few months and I don't want to talk about it at all on Saturday and Sunday because I HAVE to talk about it Monday through Friday. But some of the people I work with are really lovely and I feel like I'm missing out by not hanging out with them when they invite me. I don't know.

8. It's Fiesta time in San Antonio. I don't really know anything about it.

9. My family is a really great group of people. Even the extended members that sometimes frustrate me because I don't understand where they are coming from and they don't understand where I am coming from either make me feel lucky to be a part of my family.

10. As soon as I can do it without sacrificing groceries or gas for it, I'm ordering some sort of acne dissappearing kit and the good kind of makeup from Sephora. And maybe some Philosophy bodywash/bubble bath. I am at the beginning stages of desperately needing to feel like a pretty and moderately pampered girl again.

1 comment:

OLED said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.