Monday, March 24, 2008

ta-da!

I'm officially starting Weight Watchers again, thanks to some generous help from my parents. I'll try to do the WW updates again as well. I really seriously need to lose weight so I can not have to worry about my blood pressure. I'm sure that's the culprit behind the nasty headaches I've been getting. I have a doctor who doesn't mind writing me prescriptions to knock the crap out of pain and tension, but I would rather not have to deal with it in the first place.

So here I am, starting the whole process once again. This time it's going to stick though. I know it will because going to the gym has gone well. My friend Kate has lost like sixty pounds and that is excellent motivation (I want to be as hot as her!) and also a good source of encouragement and advice. My boyfriend needs a little help changing some habits to be healthier and I can show him that it's not actually a drag to eat healthy foods more than you eat not so healthy foods. And I have an appointment with my cardiologist in June that I HAVE to have shown some improvement at so I don't have to go and keep sitting in the lobby with a bunch of old people waiting to see the cardiologist.

My first goal is to lose 10 pounds in the first four weeks of resigning up. I think I can do it if I really stay on top of things. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments: