Saturday, December 8, 2012

the one about water breaking

One of my very sweet friends came by today and told me about when her water broke. It was the middle of the night and she woke up but thought she must have just peed herself. When her water broke, it wasn't a big gush, it was a steady trickle. She told her husband and he asked what they should do. She said they had a doctor's appointment in the morning anyway so they should just wait and see what he said. They went back to sleep. She sat on a towel in the waiting room because she was still kind of leaking and her doctor told her to go to the hospital immediately. I thought this whole story was hysterical!

I was induced with S, and my water broke on its own while I was in the hospital. It was a pretty good sudden gush but I thought maybe my catheter had fallen out somehow. That got a good laugh from the nurse who checked on me. By the way, that catheter was one of my very favorite things about being admitted to the hospital. I was so relieved when I got it and I didn't have to disconnect myself from my blood pressure cuff and gather up my IV and waddle over to the bathroom. And after I gave birth, I felt like I lost 10 pounds by peeing alone but it was all with the catheter and it was glorious to not have to do anything.

Just thinking about labor and delivery types kind of things! And hoping my water doesn't break or contractions start or anything else along those lines this weekend. Back to hoping I make it to Tuesday with my next appointment and then it'll be hoping for Thursday for my c-section!

No comments: