Tuesday, December 25, 2007

merry christmas!

I hope everyone had a great one! I really did. K and I spent a good amount of time with my family yesterday and then his family today. We both had to abandon previous years traditions, but I think it was well worth the sacrifice. I know I had a terrific time with him and both groups of people. I don't know how to do it without making it some sort of big deal, but I would really like at least my parents to meet his mom and his sisters. I think it would be kind of nice.

K has taken really good care of me all month. I was sick for literally two weeks which sucked the life out of my motivation as well. He took care of me while I was sick, but also in helping me get presents for his family and spending time with my family and being sweet to my niece and nephew. He's amazing and I love him more than ever.

It was nice being with my family this year. My parents upheld the traditions of lighting candles and listening to Silent Night before we opened presents. My dad read the Christmas story from the Bible and my niece explained to us what happened. She was really concerned though that she can't see Jesus and was wondering where He lives now.

I am very spoiled. I got some cool new cooking gadgets and some yoga stuff and I'm really looking forward to trying it all out very soon. If anyone has any crock pot recipes, please send them my way! K's sister gave me a cd I really wanted and had no idea when I'd be able to get. I need to burn her a copy and listen to it thoroughly soon.

All in all, it was a really terrific couple of days and I can't really think of any way that either day could have been better. My family is amazing, my boyfriend is incredible, and his family is so much fun that my head hurts a little from all the smiling. I'm going to go snuggle down into my bed and watch The West Wing. That's right, my all time favorite show now lives in my apartment. At least the first 22 episodes of it do anyway. :)

Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

Glad you had a great day! Merry Christmas!