Friday, February 5, 2010

seven quick takes

Friday Quick Takes!

1. I'll just start with the one that is probably TMI: I miss peeing like a normal person. I have to go to the bathroom ALL OF THE TIME but it's never for a really satisfying session. A little tinkle and that's it which is ridiculous for the amount of pressure I feel down below driving me to waddle my way into the bathroom. At night especially I don't even flush every time because I feel like it's a waste of water to only flush that much down the toilet. You know those times when you feel like your bladder is going to BURST and you go to the bathroom and you kind of wished you timed your stream because you're so impressed with yourself? I miss those days terribly.

2. Baby shower tomorrow! I'm really excited because I think it will be a fun afternoon and I like it when people gush about my baby. S/he is already adorable and it makes me happy that other people think so too. So yay for a whole afternoon of food, games, and gushing about Baby C!

3. My niece and I had a long conversation last week about how the baby pees and it comes out when I pee, but the baby won't poop until after s/he is born (hopefully anyway). I think the next question is how is that baby going to get out of me. I'm hoping my sister will head me off at the pass for this one.

4. I like to think of myself as a pretty smart girl. I will say trying to apply for any kind of government assistance is ridiculously confusing. At my first WIC appointment, they suggested I apply for everything else I could get information on because you just never know. We desperately needed SOMETHING and it ended up that moving in with my parents has filled a lot of those gaps. But, this was in November and I'm just now getting letters in the mail about different things I may or may not qualify for and none of it is particularly straightforward. Sometime I'm going to write a whole big ass entry about this because even if it makes people uncomfortable, I think they should know the whole "welfare system" sucks big time.

5. My friend Mike asked if I would like to contribute to a web site he was starting called Tangentopia. I excitedly accepted and have thought of a few things to write and post on there but have also kind of drug my feet a little bit on the actual posting. I'm such a chicken. I am super thrilled to get to write for something besides myself but it's also scary. I need to sack up and just do it. But if you don't mind, click on over there and comment on stuff. Tell us what you'd like to see there too.

6. I am pretty scared about the first six weeks after the baby is born. What is it going to be like? Will I have good instincts? What about sleep? If I have post partum depression, how will I know and how long will it last? Will I be able to stick up for myself and my child and take on the role of motherhood right away? The only thing that doesn't worry me is what Ki will be like. So I guess it's not all awful. Words of encouragement would be accepted gratefully though.

7. Superbowl Sunday is coming! I could not care less about the actual game but I enjoy the over the top commercials. Ki and I are going to the house where he plays poker every week. I thoroughly enjoy that group of guys so I'm looking forward to the company. And also the food. I have never had a bad meal at that house and will honestly rearrange my schedule if I'm invited over for something involving food. We are bringing stuffed jalapenos and something else that's safe for me to eat in case the rest of the meal is also jalapeno themed. I just haven't decided what yet. All I know is I need to BEFORE Sunday because I don't want to go near the grocery store.

No comments: